SALARY RANGE – $150,000 – $170,000
Work for a leader in automotive power systems development for next generation vehicles (EVs, hybrids, etc.). They combine the resources and stability of a large company with the work environment of a nimble team, where your work makes a real difference.
- Smaller group with a major parent, who takes a hands-off approach to let them do what’s best for the team.
- Has grown by four times over the last several years.
- Challenging projects lined up for several years, which is why they’ve grown while other companies have cut back.
They Value and Appreciate Their Employees
Top-shelf benefits package and an opportunity to make a bottom-line difference on how things are done, with management that wants your input.
Your Role with the Company
In this position, you’ll be responsible for innovating new products and bring new technologies into product architectures. You’ll be a key leader in power electronics development, applying the latest technology to develop industry-leading products. You’ll also present engineering design review materials to their customers and executive team, as well as participate in technical and cost proposals and presentations.
Novi, MI is right in the heart of the automotive industry’s tech hub. It’s home to great schools, residential communities, shopping, and entertainment. You have quick access to anything from a Tiger’s game downtown to beautiful outdoor landscapes.
- Expertise in designing successful power electronics products from concept through schematic, layout, manufacturing, test and deployment
- 10+ years of experience in designing power system architectures and circuit-level hardware, including power circuit analysis, such as worst-case circuit analysis, failure method effectivity and criticality, and reliability.
- Exposure to electrical/electromechanical materials and components, high current (up to 500A) and high voltage (up to 1000V) designs, and designing to industry standards (EMC).
- Working knowledge of electronic design and circuit simulation tools (SPICE, Matlab/Simulink, etc.).
- BSEE with an emphasis on electronics design (MSEE a plus).