Title: New Product Introduction Engineer
The primary responsibility of the NPI Engineer is to manage the introduction of new product
launches from our design engineering team into our manufacturing facility. Using proven
methodologies, processes, and practices it will be the responsibility of this individual to work very
closely with Supply Chain, Quality, Design Engineering, and Business Development teams, to
implement effective, on-time product launches.
Reporting to the NPI Engineering Manager for the site, the NPI Engineer collaborates with multiple
cross functional teams throughout the organization to ensure that all stated NPI goals and
objectives are achieved.
The right candidate will:
- Come to work every day wanting to support and engage our customers.
- Understand and communicate both business and engineering perspectives.
- Juggle multiple competing priorities.
- Embrace challenges and team collaboration for success.
- Be motivated by deadlines and act with a sense of urgency.
- Thrive in a growing and changing environment.
- Influence various internal and external stakeholders to meet goals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leads selected NPI efforts to ensure a smooth transition of stated requirements and
deliverables from design engineering development to production.
- Maintains, and reports on NPI metrics relating to stated Goals and Objectives.
- Ensures that processes and techniques employed are lean, reliable, and cost effective,
supportive of LEAN/CI manufacturing principles and optimization of process/product flow.
- Completes timely reviews of requirements of new designs during the engineering and
manufacturing development phases; communicate feedback to design engineering and
ensure feedback is addressed.
- Ensures that Design and Manufacturability requirements are met during the new product
- Completes all phase deliverables for NPI schedule, ensuring manufacturing operational
needs and requirements are considered throughout the project.
- Provides inputs regarding best assembly and test practices during product development
phase with a view to ensuring the scalability of Production to meet growth estimates.
- Provides input on / collaborates on capacity and equipment requirements based upon new
product forecast, growth estimates and current capacity utilization to ensure the
successful transition to Full Rate Production.
- Collaborates closely with the Manufacturing Engineering, Production and Quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant Engineering discipline, BSEE or BSME preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in an NPI role in a manufacturing environment with
electro/mechanical products, preferable in aerospace and defense environments.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple, simultaneous projects and priorities.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, effective communicator at all organizational
- Highly organized, superb attention to detail, capable of multi-tasking and following through
on tasks to completion.
- Possess strong communication skills (both written and verbal), able to interact with all
stakeholders and act as a professional representative of the corporation.
- Eagerness to operate in a dynamic fast paced environment with an ability to drive change.
- Good understanding and ability to apply various Quality tools such as APQP, PPAP, PFMEA,
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Project or Smartsheet, and Epicor ERP
- Commitment to work with a hands-on approach in a team atmosphere is required.
- This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in
Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of
ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green
Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.