What company offers:
- Salary: ~$130K+relocation+full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k with match and more)!
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are
business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work
The Mechanical Engineering Manager will have both functional and technical management responsibility for your team in the design and development of high-speed, automated packaging equipment. You will ensure projects are completed on time and to specifications. This is a great opportunity for someone to build their own process and procedure based on personal experience and best practices. where packaging machinery is designed and created for our customers.
How you will impact:
• Leading the design of high speed, automated packaging machinery including mechanical
layout, sourcing components and generating BOMs.
• Coordinate with project managers, manufacturing, supply chain and electrical engineers to
ensure projects are completed to specifications.
• Setting standards for the team, assigning projects and setting priorities.
• Establishing relationships with customer facing organizations, vendors and suppliers.
• Drawing up budgets, schedules, education and training.
• Conducting root cause analysis, performing diagnostics, and troubleshooting equipment
• Ensuring a safe, positive work environment.
• Drive development projects by directing and influencing cross functional teams
• Manage subcontractors and their work to meet design requirements within project timelines
• Machine Production and Installation Support
o Support the Technical Sales managers on platform production projects
o Respond to questions, troubleshoot, provide studies and estimates
o Provide cost effective solutions to problems effecting the customer product while
maintaining the integrity of the design
• Assist in cost reduction and quality improvement of the mechanical designs for our machinery.
• Understand customer’s mechanical specifications and needs for their packaging operations.
• Maintains internal relationship with fellow employees
• Maintains external relationships with Customer and their specific needs, Supplier
representatives and company personnel.
What you need to succeed
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering from an ABET accredited program.
• 5+ years in engineering, preferable working on high-speed, automated machinery.
• Experience in organizational change management.
• Experience with ASME Y14.5 and GD&T
• Experience in a high-mix, low-volume manufacturing environment.
• Packaging Machinery Equipment experience is a plus.
• Additional licensure or certification may be required.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities.
• Practical experience with CAD software, PLM systems and engineering change management.
• Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills.
• Excellent motivational skills and multitasking abilities.
• Ability to travel 10-15% to include travel to our international sister plant in France.