Salary Range: $105,000.00 – $160,000.00
Performs conceptual and mechanical or electromechanical design for power supplies and magnetics utilizing CAD tools (AutoCAD, ORCAD etc). Capable of working with minimal supervision and ability to create a complete and accurate drawing package per DOD-STD-100 from concept to releasable documents. Compute simple design related calculations. Frequent contacts with design, manufacturing, and quality engineers as well as outside suppliers.
The right candidate will:
- Be a highly organized self-starter that thrives in a growing and changing team environment.
- Understand the big picture while diving into the details at the same time.
- Respond with a strong sense of urgency to customer and production needs.
- Be collaborative and form strong relationships with internal colleagues and customers.
Essential Functions (Not Exhaustive)
- Perform detailed PWB package designs for power supplies. Typical functions include schematic entry, PWB layout, circuit card drawings and PWB fab drawings.
- Responsible for form, fit, and function of drawings and design prior to drawing release.
- Researches production, purchasing, and inspection problems and makes recommendations to cognizant engineer.
- Maintains close technical coordination with responsible engineers.
- Performs liaison function with engineering, manufacturing, quality outside services and other departments as required to facilitate design functions in these areas.
- Performs drafting function as required.
- Performs all other duties as required.
- Finish the ECAD design and transfer to production within time and budget.
- Customer and supplier engagement
Experience & Education
- AS degree in Pre-Engineering or Drafting Technology or other related discipline.
- Minimum of three (3) years of engineering design and drafting experience with emphasis in ORCAD design.
- A thorough knowledge of military and industrial design specifications, materials, processes, and standard drafting practices is required. Must have extensive knowledge of CAD systems including ORCAD, and AUTOCAD.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.