Salary range: $120,000.00 – $150,000.00
The Engineering Manager is an experienced leader within the Engineering field that manages, plans, directs, evaluates, and improves operations for a variety of power electronics development products/projects, aerospace projects will be a plus. This role is responsible for major and complex assignments with long-term business implications, managing complex issues within functional area of expertise, managing a design team, and contributing to the overall business.
- Comprehensive knowledge of sustainable design practices.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple, simultaneous projects and priorities.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, effective communicator at all organizational levels.
- Highly organized, superb attention to detail, capable of multi-tasking and following through on tasks to completion.
- Possess strong communication skills (both written and verbal), able to interact with all stakeholders and act as a professional representative of the corporation
- Recognized as the technical expert in the engineering discipline.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Provide technical leadership in design reviews, modifications and recommend modifications
- Identify and recommend where improvements in knowledge of the discipline are needed or where technical training is needed.
- Establish a total quality management strategy to assure early involvement in design processes.
- Provide leadership to help focus and integrate new technology smoothly into design.
- Suggest areas where technology advancements are needed and recommend approaches to address top problems within the organization or projects in focused technical are
- Coordinate with internal engineering disciplines as needed including Mechanical, Electrical, Operation, and Manufacturing to ensure the project designs are effectively integrated for each project
- Ability to identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions by using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Monitors and assesses performance of team members to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Apply advanced techniques, modifications, and theories to a variety of complex situations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- Five or more years of relevant design experience.
- Experience managing teams.
- This position requires the use of information that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).